Aakhir Tak – In Shorts
- Iran has prepared its missiles for launch following Trump’s threat.
- Missiles are positioned in underground facilities, safe from airstrikes.
- Iran refuses direct nuclear deal talks, but remains open to indirect discussions.
- Iranian President Pezeshkian cited broken promises as a key issue.
- The U.S. has warned Iran against developing nuclear weapons.
Aakhir Tak – In Depth
Following Donald Trump’s threat, Iran has readied its missiles for potential launch. The situation involving Iran and the nuclear threat is once again a major concern. According to the Tehran Times, Iran has prepared its underground missile arsenal to strike “US-related positions” if necessary, marking a significant escalation in regional tensions.
On Sunday, the U.S. President stated that bombing Iran is an option if Tehran refuses to accept a nuclear deal. Trump said in an interview with NBC News, “If they don’t make a deal, there will be a bombing. It will be bombing the likes of which they have never seen before.” He further warned that he would slap Iran with “secondary tariffs.” The prospect of regional conflict looms large.
Amid growing demands in Washington to dismantle Iran’s nuclear program, Iran has rejected any direct negotiations with the U.S., while remaining open to indirect talks. This stance reflects a deep-seated distrust stemming from past agreements.
In a televised address, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said, “We don’t avoid talks; it’s the breach of promises that has caused issues for us so far.” He emphasized the need for the U.S. to rebuild trust before further negotiations can occur.
Responding to Iran’s position, Washington emphasized that the Trump administration’s stance remains firm: it cannot allow Iran to develop its nuclear program and “acquire a nuclear weapon.” The U.S. State Department warned of “bad” consequences for Iran if it refuses to accept the deal, signaling a tough stance.
Speaking to reporters while flying from Florida to Washington on Sunday evening, Trump stated that he wanted Iran to come to the negotiating table, or, he warned, “it’s going to be a bad situation.”
As threats from the U.S. intensified, Iran recently released a video showcasing its underground missile facility. Dubbed “missile city” by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards (IRGC), the 85-second clip displayed Iran’s advanced weaponry and troops stepping on an Israeli flag painted on the ground. This act served as a clear message of defiance and readiness.
In an article published last week by Press TV, Iran’s state-owned media, various US bases in the Middle East were shown as potential targets in the event of a potential attack. This action underscores the high stakes involved and the potential for rapid escalation. Iran maintains that its nuclear program is peaceful in nature.
Aakhir Tak – Key Takeaways to Remember
- Iran readied missiles following Trump’s threat.
- Missiles are housed in underground facilities.
- Iran rejected direct nuclear deal talks.
- The U.S. warned against Iran’s nuclear weapon development.
- Iran released a video of its underground missile facility.
Discover more from Latest News, Breaking News, National News, World News
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.